From: John Torjo (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-25 03:47:16

> The formal review of Vladimir Prus' Command Line & Config
> ("program_options") library starts today, May 21, and will continue until
> Monday, June 2nd. I will be serving as review manager.

It's a great library! For my needs I could say it's more than enough!
Works like a charm with gcc.

(note: I did not have time to check all the thread; so some things might
overlap with existing posts; sorry about that)

A few comments though:
- unfortunaly, does not work with VC6. How hard would it be to port it?
  I did not dig too deep.
- does not work for wchar_t. While this might seem silly, it's not, since VC
allows for a TCHAR* command line string.
- could allow parsing from a command line string.
  This is because, on Win32, you have something like:

extern "C" int WINAPI _tWinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,
    HINSTANCE /*hPrevInstance*/, LPTSTR lpCmdLine, int /*nShowCmd*/)

or GetCommandLine()

However, these are not serious issues; also, I'm sure they can be easily
fixed (at least 2 and 3). Great library!

Best,
John