From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-26 10:49:47

Rene Rivera wrote:

> >It should also be possible, if the regression engine outputs an XML table
>of
> >information, to support all of these different versions via different
>XSLT
> >code (simplified via a parameter to the stylesheet).

>The regression test don't currently output an easy to use XML... Beman has
>it on his todo list. At which point we plan to replace the current Perl
>script with a C++ cgi to generate the summary.

I could help out at some point with this. I would need a little time to
familiarize myself with the regression test suite and boosts XML facilities.

> >e.g.
> ><compiler name = "GNU C++" version = "3.2.2">
> > <library name = "Interval Library">
> > <results file = "..." type = "pass|warn|fail"/>
> > </library>
> ></compiler>

> > [snip]

>Seems nice. But I'm not sure running XSLT transforms on the fly in the
>SourceForge web servers is such a hot idea ;-) I don't even know if it's
>possible. Re, if they even have the needed packages loaded into the web
>server machines.

It was just a suggestion. You could still use XSLT to create a HTML view of
the results, and supply the XML/XSLT to anyone who wants to render it
differently on their own machines.

> >SIDE NOTE: I have ASP code that uses the Microsoft XML parser to
>transform
> >an XML document using a specified XSLT file, passing the remaining
>arguments
> >sent to the ASP page to the stylesheet as parameters. Let me know if this
>is
> >of interest, and I will post it.

>The SourceForge web servers are all running Linux, so I don't ASP code
>would
>help in this case.

Oh well, it was just an idea.

Regards,