From: Scott Woods (scottw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-27 18:11:13

> It isn't clear from you post if you are aware of all the work (including a
> formal review) that has already gone into persistence and/or serialization
> at Boost. See the archives at
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Browse/Threaded/boost
>
> In particular, are you aware of Robert Ramey's serialization submission?
> The review of that library turned up many expectations for such
facilities.

Thanks. Wasnt aware. Had done some (obviously lame) searching of boost
and google but didnt hit the stuff by jens or robert. Will keep reading.

BTW
http://www.egroups.com/docvault/boost/persistence seems to have been
removed or is my navigation a bit suspect?

BTW
Seemed to be a lot of discussion around type_info. I have avoided this
by explicitly building symbol tables (off a schema) for my variants and
generating
hash-ids (weinberger) for each type.

I can understand why Jens didnt follow through. Persistence is a sticky one.