From: Daryle Walker (dwalker07_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-28 23:29:02

I'm trying to fix up the I/O library submission I gave a few months
ago, and came up with an issue with a copy constructor and GCC. I
explicitly wrote a copy constructor for a new stream-buffer class
template. I just added test code that used that constructor.
Everything ran fine on my Metrowerks compiler, but Project Builder
(which uses GCC) choked.

One of the reasons was that GCC made the basic_streambuf class template
noncopyable. It referred to a DR # 50. The standard currently has
streambuf copying unspecified (in the normal-life sense, not the C++
sense), so it should automatically be copyable. My code took advantage
of that. The copying isn't too useful, especially since streams are
explicitly noncopyable. Should I just remove that code?

(The other compiling problem was not accepting std::char_traits< char
>::eq as an argument to std::bind2nd. Could the boost version of
_functional_ do better?)

Daryle