From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-29 05:31:43

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

>> Consider command line
>>
>> my_prog --output=/tmp/log input.cpp
>>
>> Here is the option with name "output" and value "/tmp/log". There's also
>> argument "input.cpp".
>
> 1. Why you named namespace progrma_options it in fact you supply both.

Because options are of a bit more importance, and high-level access to
arguments will be in fact the same as for options.

> 2. How could I access argument using "high level"
> variable_map/option_description interface

I seems like you did not read other review comments. It's not possible via
high-level interface. It was requested, and will be implemented.

> 3. What is add_argument method in options_and_arguments

It adds new argument to the list of arguments stored in the class.

>> > Also I would like to know what term parameter means and what is the
>> > difference between parameter name and option name.
>>
>> The term parameter is undefined yet :-( It's used only as the name of
>> 'parameter' function, and there's something wrong with this name.
>
> Term parameter is also actively used in class class cmdline

Then, if I'm to change 'parameter' function to something else, I'd need to
tweak that class as well.

- Volodya