From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-29 10:03:52

Chuck Messenger wrote:
> What is the status of sp_collector.cpp? It's distributed as part of
> Boost right now. Is it intended to remain part of the shared_ptr
> library? It sounds like it should suit my purposes quite well, after
> all...

sp_collector.cpp has a "gift" status. ;-) Meaning that it is not one of my
priorities to support or maintain it, but if someone finds it useful as a
starting point for further work, all the better.

Its main purpose was/is to demonstrate that it is possible to write a
collector for cyclic shared_ptr structures without altering the shared_ptr
specification, i.e. that the spec is flexible enough to handle an optional
collector should someone decide to provide one as part of their
std::shared_ptr.