From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-29 11:56:17

hi there,

I'v been wondering for quite a while whether a generic XML C++ library
would be an interesting project (providing DOM- and SAX- like as well as
other APIs), in particular because all the standard interfaces that
are released by the W3C (and others) are tailored towards java, and
there is often either no C++ mapping or one that I consider rather poor
as it doesn't make any use of C++ specific idioms.

I wrote a C++ wrapper library around libxml2 (http://xmlsoft.org/),
and would like to submit it to boost. It currently provides a DOM-like
and a SAX-like interface, is parametrized for the (possibly unicode
enabled) string type, and has already proven its value for my own
projects.

Is there any interest in such a (boost) project ?

Kind regards,
                Stefan