From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-30 00:24:24

Aleksey Chernoraenko wrote:

>> I wrote a C++ wrapper library around libxml2 (http://xmlsoft.org/),
>> and would like to submit it to boost. It currently provides a DOM-like
>> and a SAX-like interface, is parametrized for the (possibly unicode
>> enabled) string type, and has already proven its value for my own
>> projects.
>
> What is wrong with Xerces-C++ library
> (http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/index.html) ?

Probably, the fact that its tarball is comparable in size to the entire
Boost? Another thing is that it's not a big friend of C++ standard library.
For example, it does not use std::string, but its own XMLString class.

Going back to original post, I wonder how the proposed library differers
from http://gmetadom.sourceforge.net/, which is wrapper on gdome, which is
wrapper on libxml.

As another implementation worth checking out, I can recommend
CenterPoint/XML (http://www.cpointc.com/XML/). This one is small, and is
quite nice, IMO. If my colleagues can ever be persuaded to move away from
home-grown hierarchical format with home-grown API to something somre
standard, I'll propose this library first. The only problem with it that
there's no XPath support.

HTH,
Volodya