From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-30 10:04:58

C99 has a header <fenv.h> which provides types, macros, and functions "to
provide access to the floating-point environment."

Some Boost code in the Interval Library uses this header, or has to do
workarounds if not present. Metrowerks, GCC, and Dinkumware currently ship
the header, but many others don't.

* Should we have a <boost/fenv.hpp> header? (Greg Chicares asked the same
question a couple of years ago but got to reply.) Is there any general
workaround for when a vendor supplied <fenv.h> isn't present?

* Should there be a <boost/config.hpp> macro indicating <fenv.h>
availability?

* Should we start suggesting to vendors that they supply <fenv.h>?

Any opinions from floating point users?

--Beman