From: Gregory Colvin (gregory.colvin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-30 11:06:05

On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 09:56 America/Denver, Chuck Messenger wrote:
> What I'm trying to develop (or even better, find) is a workable C++
> library which supports cyclic structures, handling garbage collection
> for you, without resorting to a systemic (and non-portable) approach
> like the Boehm collector. I want to build regular-old, C++ standard
> libraries upon this cyclic library -- I don't want to require users of
> my libraries to use my garbage collection system. It needs to be
> perfectly invisible to the user (and ideally, as invisible as possible
> to the library writer).

There are a few attempts laying around various places in Boost, but
I've lost track of where they all are, how they all work, and what
their relative advantages and disadvantages are. If someone could
pull this information together it might help to get this discussion
out of the cycle it seems caught in ;->