From: Bohdan (gejrlaug_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-01 11:24:21

Hi Andreas,

It is really nice to hear that FSM lib is ready for submission.

Here are my comments :

1. Can you port your library to other compilers,
    at least for gcc ? I was trying to port older fersion
    of your lib to Borland, but code is too complicated
    to make it shortly.

2. I think that nice thing about state machine is
    that you can remove its actual states from interface.
    I mean : "is it conceptually good idea to pass initial
    inner state as a template parameter ?"

3. Why we need state_machine class, wouldn't it
    better to have a single "state" class for
    both state & state_machine.
    IMO state_machine is just state, which can't be
    changed and which doesn't have outer state.
    Am i wrong ?

4. Is it possible to use inherited events?
    ex:
        class MouseEvent;
        class MouseUpEvent : public MouseEvent;
        class MouseDownEvent : public MouseEvent

     <code>
            bool react( MouseEvent const& event )
            {
            }
      </code>

5. Is it possible to inherit state machines:
    some states replaced, some removed ... ?

6. Is there any way to get rid of "Acyclic Visitor".
    Some dispatch policies ... ?
    Hope this question isn't too annoying :)

Actually i have some more remarks, but should
look at your library closer.

It's really cool! Thanks Andreas.

regards,
bohdan