From: Bohdan (gejrlaug_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-01 11:24:21
It is really nice to hear that FSM lib is ready for submission.
Here are my comments :
1. Can you port your library to other compilers,
at least for gcc ? I was trying to port older fersion
of your lib to Borland, but code is too complicated
to make it shortly.
2. I think that nice thing about state machine is
that you can remove its actual states from interface.
I mean : "is it conceptually good idea to pass initial
inner state as a template parameter ?"
3. Why we need state_machine class, wouldn't it
better to have a single "state" class for
both state & state_machine.
IMO state_machine is just state, which can't be
changed and which doesn't have outer state.
Am i wrong ?
4. Is it possible to use inherited events?
class MouseUpEvent : public MouseEvent;
class MouseDownEvent : public MouseEvent
bool react( MouseEvent const& event )
5. Is it possible to inherit state machines:
some states replaced, some removed ... ?
6. Is there any way to get rid of "Acyclic Visitor".
Some dispatch policies ... ?
Hope this question isn't too annoying :)
Actually i have some more remarks, but should
look at your library closer.
It's really cool! Thanks Andreas.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk