From: Malte Starostik (malte_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-01 19:58:47

Hi,

sorry it took so long, finally I've gotten to building 1.30.0 RPMs. They are
online at http://malte.homeip.net/boost/ but please do not use that as a
download site, it's a DSL line with only 16 kbyte/s upstream...

I've had one problem with some of the binary packages on install where rpm
complained they need libstd++.so, libm.so and libgcc_s.so which I do have
installed of course. This may be related to the fact that I've updated rpm
and the build scripts from a newer distro than my base system.
Would be nice if someone could check if that problem occurs as well when
building on a "sane" system.
Until then, please consider the binary packages partly broken, they're built
on a with a heavy mix of original Mandrake 9.0 and some updated stuff, so
there might be library incompatibilities as well...

In order to save some time downloading you can as well:
* get only boost-jam.spec and boost.spec from the URL above
* get the boost sources from boost.org (tar.bz2 version, not tar.gz)
* copy tools/build/jam_src/ somewhere else and rename it to boost-jam-3.1.4/
* from the boost-jam-3.1.4/'s parent dir, run tar -cf boost-jam-3.1.4.tar
boost-jam-3.1.4/ && bzip2 boost-jam-3.1.4.tar and copy the resulting bzip2ed
tarball to the SOURCES subdir of your rpm root directory.
* build boost-jam with rpm -bb boost-jam.spec and install it
* build the boost packages with rpm -bb boost.spec and install them

Changes in the boost-jam package:
- version 3.1.4
- switched from .tar.gz to .tar.bz2
- added a workaround so the RPM will also build standalone, i.e. not invoked
from jam

No real changes in the boost package(s) other than moving to version 1.30.0

Regards,
-Malte