From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-02 18:39:16

Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:

> First issue:In building the libraries I had a couple of problems:
>
> In building the boost_1_30_0 I had to make the following change in
> the jam file in order for the build to work.

You did not have to make that change. That's just a default value;
http://www.boost.org/tools/build/vc7-tools.jam describes how to edit
your environment or command-line to override it. I don't know why or
how your installation ended up in:

    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft VisualStudio.NET"

but the installer I used puts it in

    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft VisualStudio .NET"
                                            ^

by default. Perhaps you intentionally edited out the space at
installation time to avoid certain problems?

> I believe previously I addressed this by specifying more information
> in the bjam command line.

Yep, that's the way to go.

> Second issue:I added a new library to my local copy of boost-dev
> directory tree. In trying to build I found the the filesystem,
> optional and spirit libraries aren't included in the boost-dev tree
> while they are included in boost_1_30_0 tree. As my library used
> spirit, it wouldn't build. Is this an oversight or is it simply
> that the development versions of these libraries live in a different
> place.

I don't believe that anyone around here knows what a "boost-dev
directory tree" is. I've never heard of it.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting