From: William E. Kempf (wekempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-03 10:08:52

Vladimir Prus said:
> William E. Kempf wrote:
> Oh.. I misread your post. Apologies. Still, from a practical point of
> view I can hardly imagine that if libxml2 wrapper works, somebody will
> take the time to plug in another backend. That would mean rewriting
> all/most implementation method and will bring no end user value --- so
> it's not sufficiently interesting task to anybody to take.

That totally depends on the wrapper. If it's a thin wrapper it will have
very tight coupling and will require extensive rewriting, as you say. But
such a design wouldn't be interesting to me any way, as a Boost
submission.

In any event, the amount of "rewriting" would be no different than the
amount of code variation there is in Boost.Threads for the three target
"platforms" it supports.

--
William E. Kempf