From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-04 06:58:39

> That will certainly work, but you shouldn't have to do that since the
> compiler itself defines _WCHAR_T_DEFINED. Since I made the fix earlier
this
> afternoon I am able to compile some non-boost code correctly which had
> previously be failing.

Just let me jump in here: you absolutely can not use _WCHAR_T_DEFINED to
detect native wchar_t support: the windows headers will define this when
wchar_t has been defined as a typedef (and wchar_t is not a native type).
There appears to be no way to actually tell whether wchar_t is a native type
or not with Intel.

One other point: turning wchar_t support on may cause linker errors because
you have now changed the name mangling of functions that take wchar_t as an
argument - I don't know for sure but I would expect this to affect the std
lib.

John.