From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-06 06:33:48

Alexander Terekhov <terekhov_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> So quit complaining ineffectively and submit a DR with suggested
>> wording changes. [That is a non-boost issue, BTW. If you want to
>> discuss it, you should take it elsewhere]
>
> I've just forwarded to you my reply to a message that I was asked to
> "NOT POST to wide-distribution email distributions (e.g., Boost,
> Austin Group) or newsgroups". Back then, I wrote the following to a
> person who contacted me:
>
> "....
> Well, could you please [at the October 2002 meeting] sensor a bit
> "the situation"/climate with respect to general desire/ability to
> change anything at all in the C++ exception handling. I mean: would
> people be ready/interested to seriously talk/thing about:
>
> bool expected_exception<T>();
> ...."
>
> He hasn't yet replied... well, perhaps YOU could shed some light? ;-)

I don't know; I haven't been probing people about changes we could
make to the EH specification, and I doubt I could do it effectively
because I don't understand the issues at a deep level. The way the
committee works is that those who care (meaning you) have to
participate, or nothing changes.

I can say that I _sense_ no general desire to change anything
significant about EH, but that may just be because nobody knows
there's an important issue. With that, I'll repeat: please take this
non-Boost-related part of your discussion off-list.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting