From: Neal D. Becker (nbecker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-09 07:39:04

Is this the right place to ask boost python questions?

I'm interested in getting started with boost python. I would need a way to
comminicate containers of data between python and c++. My domain is signal
processing.

In c++, algorithms usually have an STLsyle iterator interface, and concrete
containers are usually std::vector. In python numarray might be used.

What options are available to interface between an (efficient)
python-accessible container and c++ stl-style containers?

I noticed the boost::python tutorial has a brief discussion of iterators. I
guess this would suggest a strategy of using vector for containers with an
iterator interface for python to access them. But this doesn't give any way
for python to create or manage the containers.

Is the reverse a feasible solution? Use python numarray containers and pass
iterators to c++ algorithms for computation?