From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmutkaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-10 13:34:27

David Abrahams wrote:

> > Is there any way to tell, which version of the iterator library is
> > installed on a target system? I could think of some pp
> constant, which
> > allows to configure a piece of code to use the 'old' or the 'new'
> > iterator lib. This would allow for a smooth transition of existing
> > libraries depending on the iterator_lib and looses the
> otherwise tight
> > coupling between some user code and a specific Boost version.
>
> Cute idea. Unless you want to account for all the
> transitional versions in CVS, you could always
>
> #include <boost/version.hpp>
>
> and check BOOST_VERSION

As a last resort this certainly helps. And in a year or so nobody will
talk about the transitional CVS versions. But now it would be very
helpful, if there was a separate BOOST_ITERATOR_ADAPTOR_VERSION pp
constant, which could be used for this needs (BTW Spirit has such a
constant from the early beginnings).
Please don't get me wrong, I do not want to have a very fine granulated
version tracking constant. My point is, that such interface breaking
changes _must_ be track-able.

Regards Hartmut