From: Daryle Walker (dwalker07_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-10 12:46:33

On Monday, June 9, 2003, at 3:23 PM, Reece Dunn wrote:

[SNIP]
> Also, is there a way for you to bind a streambuf to a stream? I have
> not had any direct experience with stream buffers, so I don't know. If
> not, it would be a good idea to have an I/O stream that can have a
> custom stream buffer, that way you can use stream facilities on these
> buffers, thus gaining access to compression, encription, etc.
[TRUNCATE]

I just put several I/O-related items up for review a few months ago.
One of the items was a set of stream class templates that wrap a
containing stream buffer. Look for stuff like "streambuf_wrapping.hpp".

The code as it was reviewed is in the file section of our Yahoo Groups
space under the name "more_io.zip". Updated versions of the code exist
in the Boost-sandbox CVS.

Daryle