From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-10 21:18:02

[2003-06-10] Haobo Yang wrote:

>As I beginner of using Boost, I have one stupid question here.

Questions aren't stupid. It's the answers that sometimes are ;-)

>I installed Boost_1_30_0 into my Unix machine(Sun Solaris), and then go to
>Boost_1_30_0/tools/build/jam_src/bin.solaris, type in "sh ./build.sh" and
>return. What I got is as below:

I think you meant "go to Boost_1_30_0/tools/build/jam_src" as that's where
the build.sh script is.

>../build.sh: whence: not found
>../build.sh: whence: not found
>###
>### Using 'gcc' toolset.
>###
>rm -rf bootstrap.gcc
>mkdir bootstrap.gcc
>gcc -o bootstrap.gcc/jam0 command.c compile.c execnt.c execunix.c
>execvms.c expand.c filent.c fileos2.c fileunix.c filevms.c glob.c hash.c
>hdrmacro.c headers.c jam.c jambase.c jamgram.c lists.c make.c make1.c
>newstr.c option.c parse.c pathunix.c pathvms.c regexp.c rules.c scan.c
>search.c subst.c timestamp.c variable.c modules.c strings.c filesys.c
>builtins.c pwd.c
>../bootstrap.gcc/jam0 -f build.jam --toolset=gcc --toolset-root=
>....found 44 targets...

OK, that seems fine.

>Then I went to /boost_1_30_0/ and typed in
>../tools/build/jam_src/bin.solaris/bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" and return. After a
>large amount of info showing on screen, there is

That's also fine.

>....failed updating 55 targets...
>....skipped 21 targets...
>....updated 1 target...
>
>I did any step wrong?

Doesn't look like it. You'd have to show us some of those failures to see if
they are expected or not.

>And I can't compile example cpp file under graph library. I guess I may
>ignore some key points. Your comments and suggestions are highly welcome
>and appreciated.

Having more information about your setup would be helpful. Which version of
gcc? How are you trying to build the graph example? Do other examples build
and work?

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq