From: JOLY Loic (loic.joly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-12 09:02:56

Hello,

I am currently trying to use the Boost.Threads library on windows (VC++
7.0 and 7.1 compilers), and I wonder about some points :

1/ Dynamic libraries
Although I compiled boost with the option "-sBUILD=debug release
<runtime-link>static/dynamic", the library is still generated as a DLL.
I do not exactly know what is meant by "static" in this case.

What I know is I would appreciate to link fully statically with a .lib
file and no .dll at run-time.

2/ The use of DLL-exported classes that derive from or uses as member
variables non-DLL-exported classes is generating some warnings by msvc
that fall into two categories (4275 and 4251). Would it be possible to
insert #pragma to remove these spurious warnings ?

--
Loïc