From: Daryle Walker (dwalker07_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-16 22:43:15

In the Boost sandbox CVS, I started a memory library with auto_array,
an array-based variant of std::auto_ptr. It's in the following files

        ROOT/boost/memory_fwd.hpp
        ROOT/boost/memory/auto_array.hpp
        ROOT/boost/libs/memory/doc/auto_array.html
        ROOT/boost/libs/memory/test/auto_array_test.cpp

Comments? It seems fairly simple, so maybe I can propose it for review
soon.

I have one problem. I wrote the unit test to try all the member
functions. However, when I stepped through the code with the debugger
of one of my compilers, I missed the constructor that takes an
auto_array_ref. That constructor is supposed to have been used in the
test's "f" object, but the regular copy constructor was used instead.
Is it a compiler over-optimization or am I missing a subtle C++ rule?
How can I test that constructor (all other member functions do get at
least one pass)?

Daryle