From: Daryle Walker (dwalker07_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-17 00:22:51

On Sunday, June 15, 2003, at 10:15 AM, Robert Ramey wrote:

> Hmmmm - I never imagined that something like this would be so
> problematic.
>
> For now with my VC 7.0 compiler I can use the following and it gives
> me almost exactly what I need. The warning message points exactly to
> the place in my code where I have invoked it - just like
> BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT.
>
> I would hope something like this could be boostified so that I could
> use it outside of a function.
[TRUNCATE]

My point was that warnings are non-portable constructions made up by
compiler makers. They can have arbitrary trigger methods. This would
pose difficulty in trying to create one deliberately.

Also, some people don't believe in warnings. Compilers usually provide
ways to turn them off. This capability would have to be added to
BOOST_STATIC_WARNING.

Daryle