From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-19 00:18:36

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> ... as per http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/20648 are
> available from here:
>
> * user summary page -
> http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/user_summary_page.html
> * developer summary page -
> http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/developer_summary_page.html
>
> Please comment!

This is very nice! However:
1. The developer_result_page.html as well as the user page are rendered
incorrectly, both in Konqueror and Mozillaa. The first table (for "any") is
drawn in the middile of table of content, overlaying it.

2. The way results are computed, and how to inperpret them is still not
clear. For example, I see that "function" is "broken" on borland and mingw.
If I were just a user, I'd give up and resort to function pointers.
But in fact, mingw only fails a single test, so it's basically usable.
Borland fails many more tests, but it works good enough still to allow
program_options library to pass all it's own tests.

Probably, library authors should have a way to specify "critical tests". If
they don't pass, the library is broken. If some other test fails, it's
"partially working".

- Volodya