From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-20 05:41:54

> > > However, it seems to be confused by the preprocessor library.
> > > Since the
> > > includes sometime have the form:
> > >
> > > #include BOOST_PP_ITERATE()
> > >
> > > the 'bcp' tool does not find them. For example,
> > > "boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/iter directory is needed by
> > > boost/function.hpp but is not included.
> >
> > Is it overkill to use Wave for this? It would solve the
> > mentioned problem by correctly preprocessing the inspected sources.
>
> Here is the (main) code, which uses Wave to output the file names of all
> successfully opened include files (this needs some filtering to avoid
> double output of the same file):

Interesting, the thing is I need the code to find all possible dependencies,
so that if we have:

#if SOME_MACRO
#include <boost/a.hpp>
#else
#include <boost/b.hpp>
#endif

then it should find *both* headers.

Which I don't think a preprocessor will do?

In any case I'm already using regex for other purposes, and boost::function
seems to be the only problematic case so far...

John.