From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-22 07:02:28

Beman,

I'm having a problem with the filesystem lib and read only files - basically
if I copy a read only file then the result is read only, fair enough.
However if I then try and overwrite that file with another file copy it
throws because of the read only status of the target file, still fair
enough. So then I try and remove the target file with remove first, but
that throws as well because the file "not accessible" i.e. read only! So -
how can I get rid of a read only file? At present it seems to be impossible?

Thanks,

John.