From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-23 17:16:35

Same line of code for me :-(

And how can the compiler actually crash like this?

| But the GCC 2.95.x ICEd on the F<U>()() so the workaround for the MSVC may
| be trivial and acceptable, too.

And why do other very similar codes from Michael Kenniston and Terje work?
Suggestions?

| I know and in this toy code I don't really care :))

No problem.

| > I hope this will produce a bit more sympathy for my attempts to provide
| > a variety of solutions for a variety of compilers. If the result is such
| > a big performance hit on widely used compilers, it is just too early for
| > such an advanced solution.
|
| Hm, I'm not sure I agree. Whatever will be standardizes shouldn't prevent
| good code, but it's not responsible for bad compilers. But there should -
| as I already said - be only one interface.

Don't disagree with that but I see a 'chicken and egg' problem : until there is
a Boost library file, nobody will use it, and there will be no pressure on
compiler
people to get a 'final solution' to work, and to work well.

Paul

Paul A Bristow, Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8AB UK
+44 1539 561830 Mobile +44 7714 33 02 04
mailto:pbristow_at_[hidden]