From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-24 08:24:09

David Abrahams wrote:
> >> AFAICT, Aleksey is the only one who knows how to make
> modifications
> >> to MPL correctly in the context of its preprocessing
> system. Aleksey,
> >> a short README would totally solve this problem, wouldn't it?
> >
> > How about this one instead:
> >
> > f:\cvs\boost\libs\mpl\preprocessed> preprocess.py
> >
> > Usage:
> > preprocess.py <mode> <boost_root> [<source_file>]
> >
> > Purpose:
> > updates preprocessed version(s) of the header(s) in
> > "boost\mpl\aux_\preprocessed" directory
> >
> > Example:
> > the following command will re-generate and update all
> 'apply.hpp'
> > headers:
> >
> > preprocess.py all f:\cvs\boost apply.cpp
> >

> Well it's called pp.py in the current CVS, and doesn't handle
> 3 args, but...

Are you using anonymous access? 'preprocess.py' was in the CVS for a
couple of hours at the time I posted the reply. 'pp.py' is a
pretty-printer, 'preprocess.py' is a driver for batch preprocessing -
the part of the chain that had been missing.

> You've actually got a Python-based C++ preprocessor, or what??

Nope, just a pretty-printer. You need gcc or MSVC 7.1 to do the actual
preprocessing job (or something else which gives an output that the
pretty-printer can eat - the latter is not sophisticated enough to
handle an arbitrary misformatted code).

Aleksey