From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-26 03:27:51

Beman Dawes wrote:
> At 01:10 PM 6/25/2003, Daniel Frey wrote:
>
> > I think that the term
> >used in the suggested new boost license could be a problem here.
>
> Reading the entire sentence, the phrase "of the Software" appears three
> times. Note the capitalization of "Software". That makes it clear that
> the copyright, license, etc, reproduction requirement only applies to
> any Boost software, not any non-Boost portions. It doesn't matter what
> form the non-Boost portions are in; they aren't covered by the license.
>
> The inclusion of the "of the Software" phrase prevents the problem you
> are worried about AFAICS.

Well, I hope so. I'm not a lawyer, so I can't decide. Personally, I
think I understood and respect the spirit and boost and I don't fear to
be sued. The problem is that lawyers have to accept it, but I think your
interpretation of "the Software" should tame them. Thanks for clarifying.

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology