From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-26 10:20:33

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
> Daniel Frey wrote:
>
>>Peter Dimov wrote:
>>
>>>You've considered
>>>
>>>bind(f, bind(g, _1, _2), bind(h, _1, _2))
>>>
>>>right? ;-)
>>
>>Sure. But still compose.hpp is in itself incomplete. And it completes
>>the standard's parts on function objects so I think it might be
>>desirable to supply compose_f_gxy_hxy.
>
> The standard is moving towards 'bind' -
> http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2003/n1455.htm.
>
>>If we take bind into account here, we could just as well remove
>>compose.hpp completly, couldn't we?
>
> We might, in a couple of years. Seriously, 'bind' is superior here; it
> takes some learning to switch over from the 'compose_*' family, but it's
> worth it.

Well, I'm already using the lambda-library, so I'm no longer bound to
compose_*. I just thought that completing compose.hpp might be a good
idea. But if it's deprecated, this doesn't really make sense. Never
mind... :)

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology