From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-26 12:57:30

Howard Hinnant wrote:

> In other words, if we standardize a boost library, will the library's
> copyright notice have to be in all implementations of that std::lib?
> Will the copyright need to appear in the standard itself?

The copyright holder can always choose to grant an alternative license
to the committee, free from any such restriction. I'd say it is a
matter for the committee and proposer to reach the appropriate
arrangement.

Of course, this hits problems if someone proposes a library in boost
that they are not the copyright holder for (say boost::array...)

--
AlisdairM