From: Josh Dybnis (jdybnis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-26 14:50:45

> > Is there interest in adding support for variable length
> > argument lists to the preprocessor library.
>
> Not to the Boost library version. At least, not until variadics and
> placemarkers are part of C++.

But variadics are a part of C. Though this is a bit outside of Boost's
mission, the PP lib is arguably even more useful to C programmers than
it is to C++ programmers. I don't see any harm in targeting C
programmers for this particular library, since they could be an
important user base; as long as it doesn't compromise the library's
usefulness for C++ programmers.

> OTOH, the Chaos version of the library, which is nearly complete, has
> full support for variadics and placemarkers from the ground up.

I'm looking forward to your release of Chaos. Maybe this exercise is
just a learning experience for me, if you already have implemented
better variadic support in Chaos.

-Josh Dybnis