From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-27 18:33:30

At 05:58 PM 6/27/2003, David Abrahams wrote:
>Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Now you might ask, "what about the interface, doesn't the copyright
>> cover that too?" The answer is "no", as has been fought out in court
>> several times. Ask a lawyer for details, but interfaces themselves
>> aren't covered by copyright. The docs are covered, the header is
>> covered, the implementation, test cases, etc, are all covered, but not
>> the conceptual interface.
>
>We ought to put this in the license FAQ.

Done.

Once we think the license background page is pretty stable, perhaps the
lawyers can take a quick look at it to make sure we haven't said anything
totally wrong.

(Dave is the Boost point person in dealing with the lawyers; he deserves a
lot of credit for persevering in getting busy people to focus on Boost, and
getting them to understand the Boost culture.)

--Beman