From: Daryle Walker (dwalker07_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-01 01:43:56

For the past few weeks, some posters were talking about streambufs that
can decorate another stream buffer. I wrote up a second version at
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/filter_stream.hpp>.

It moves the calling functions to the stream buffer class. It adds
example filtering functions to the filter class. Management controls
in the filter class have been made private, with the stream buffer
class as a friend, to minimize subversion.

There's a bunch of allocator and string declarations in the code
unused. I was thinking of using them as buffers for extra characters
read and/or written when the remaining stream buffer functions are
modified.

Daryle