From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-02 05:03:38

John,

John R. Bandela wrote:

> Should filter_iterator use iterator_facade as its base instead of
> iterator_adapter? It seems the iterator_adapter is incorrectly implementing
> advance.

I wouldn't say that it is incorrectly implementing advance. AFAICS the
problem is that there is no way to restrict the functionality that
iterator_adaptor provides in a derived class. I am not yet decided what
the right fix to this issue is, maybe a mix in based implementation of
iterator_adaptor is the right way to go.

> Regards,
>
> John Bandela
>
> PS: I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I have updated tokenizer
> to the new iterator adapters. Is there some place it should be placed
> pending release of the new iterator_adapters?

I was under the impression that Dave is gonna move it to the main trunk
real soon, so keeping it on your local disk for a few more days might be
the easiest solution. Dave?

Thomas

--
Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Witt
Institut fuer Verkehrswesen, Eisenbahnbau und -betrieb, Universitaet