From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-02 12:58:02

On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 12:06 AM, Schoenborn, Oliver wrote:

>> I have experimented (actual working code) with what you're
>> looking for. But the tools are *experimental* and not ready for prime
>> time public use.
>
> So have I.

Just to be clear, what I was working with required both an experimental
library *and* an experimental compiler.

> Check out the DynObj class in the NoPtr library at
> noptrlib.sourceforge.net (which provides smart ref rather than smart
> pointer, but that`s irrelevant to the issue).

Interesting. Are you transferring ownership (moving) with copy syntax
within the containers in order to satisfy the container's copyable
requirement? If so, is there not a danger that ownership will get
accidently transferred out of the container, especially if that
container is used with some generic algorithm? And if the container
itself is copied, which copy owns the pointers?

-Howard