From: Jason House (jhouse_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-02 14:36:56

Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
[snip...]

> Besides, no one except you seems to be interested in multiindex_type :(
> If only some boosters jump into this discussion I'm sure many interesting
> insights would be provided.

   I'm interested in this discussion but generally keep my mouth shut on
the boost list since I'm still very much a newbie to boost stuff. I
know that in the past I've needed a map with two indexes into it. I
recognize the potential of your multi-index set for both my past
application and also possibly for creating an SQL (or similar) interface.
   From your descriptions in e-mail, I like the concept. I have not
reveiewed the code in any form. I think that the data structure kind of
blurs the distinction between sets and maps. Effectively, access by any
given index is like either a map or multimap based on if the index
points to unique entries or not. I think requiring that all index's
point to unique entries will probably be problematic. I don't believe
that is the case though... I would also be interested in ensuring that
operations on a single index are efficient and don't result in massive
overhead due to the presence of the other indecies.