From: Daryle Walker (dwalker07_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-04 01:17:13

For the past few weeks, some posters were talking about streambufs that
can decorate another stream buffer. I wrote up a third version at
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/filter_stream.hpp>.

The differences from the previous version is that is actually
implements filtering for the main functions, the reading, un-reading,
and writing methods. These functions use the string and allocator
stuff I started to put in the previous version.

BTW, the <boost/io/streambuf_wrapping.hpp> header can be found in the
Sandbox CVS.

One flaw I see currently is that _every_ character that has ever been
(fully) read and/or putback is saved. How should I set up the limits?

Daryle