From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-07 01:53:25

Eric Friedman wrote:
> Aleksey (and others),

Hi Eric,

> I'm working on getting variant to compile under MSVC 6, but I've come
> across what seems to be an ETI problem that needs a workaround.
>
> However, I'm not sure what is the most appropriate way to make the fix.

The most common way to deal with ETI is to add a correspondingly guarded
'int' specialization for the template where the error occurs. In our case,
it would be something along these lines, in "mpl/aux_/clear_impl.hpp":

#if defined(BOOST_MPL_MSVC_60_ETI_BUG)
template<>
struct clear_traits<int>
{
    template< typename Sequence > struct algorithm
    {
        typedef int type;
    };
};
#endif

> Below is the error output from the regression tests (variant_test1).

With the above fix (already in the main trunk), the ETI error goes away, but
looks like you will need a little bit more tweaking in other areas to make
the whole test compile.

HTH,
Aleksey