From: Vygis D. (vygis_d_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-11 09:53:21

Hello,

My work on geometrical lib is evolving and finally I found out that
programming is so much fun <chuckle>. Credits to Jaap Suter, he has done a
wonderful work on geometrical algebra library although I don't know whether
it's keep going. Would be nice to hear something from him.

About two months ago, I did propose homogeneous vectors/matrices library to
boost and there was a little discussion about it. Idea is still good, I
think. Although some things should be clarified. I think that implementing
euclidean n dimensional library would not be that constructive when
Clifford algebra library is proposed to boost (and I _hope_ that proposal
will be accepted). Clifford library is so much more general.

The issues I see: 1) not all programmers have enough mathematical knowledge
and learning curve seems to be too steep (actually, I remember a
conversation with one 3d programmer who just asked "what a hell can I do
with that bivector?!" <not edited>); 2) Clifford algebra library does not
provide anything related with modeling and visualization of polygonal mesh
surfaces (in general, I mean desciption of geometric primitives in the terms
of geometrical algebra).

Seems like there's some <grumph...> work to do (and that's what I've been
working on recently).

Also I want to ask whether OpenGL wrap-includes could be included to boost?
e.g., #include <boost/gl/opengl.hpp>?

On some systems include paths and required preincluded files (if any)
differ. Would be nice to have a unified version of this.
Is anyone interested? After all graphics and visualization is not the most
unimportant thing that computers do.

Respect,
Justinas V.D.