From: Drazen DOTLIC (Drazen.Dotlic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-11 11:22:39

> Just a note: Loki (generic programming applied to design patterns) and
> MPL (C++ template metaprogramming) preally have a different focus; you
> may yet find some Loki components that are useful to you.

That's possible, but hasn't happened up to now. Actually, I had to replace loki with several of the boost libraries, not only mpl, but the sum of these seems to be enough :)

> Uh, formatting, please!

Uh, sorry, I didn't know it matters to you so much.

> You have two confusion is about the way template instantiation
> works. Whenever you write something of the form:
>
> template_name< ... >::nested_name
>
> The template is instantiated.

Damn :), I need to brush up on my template skills.

[solution for my problem, snipped]

Thanks for the solution, it has given me more insight into ways in which mpl can be used.

> Might I suggest you get ahold of Leor Zolman's latest STLFilt package
> (www.bdsoft.com)? It contains some great features for formatting
> nested templates so that they are readable.

Thanks, I knew about Leor's package and used it in the "old" days (VC6), but since I switched to VC7.1, reading errors in SôL code became MUCH easier.

Thanks again for the help,

Drazen