From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-13 14:46:07

At 01:42 PM 7/13/2003, David Abrahams wrote:
>Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Ouch! HTML is the Boost standard. I work offline (with no
>> connection available) a great deal, and want the docs in the CVS
>> working directory.
>
>But these are not really boost documentation; they're committee
>papers that have been developed at Boost.

I realized that was what you were talking about after I posted the above.

The real problem is probably lack of Boost documentation. Until it is
available, the committee papers in effect serve as Boost docs.

>Have you looked at the source? I think you'd find it quite readable.
>
>If you still think it's a good idea, I'll check in the HTML but under
>the name that corresponds to the .rst file.

I guess it depends on how long it is likely to be before Boost
documentation for the library is available. If it is a matter of days, I
wouldn't bother with the committee papers. But if it is going to be awhile,
well, then the committee paper is way better than nothing. In fact, as
reference documentation the committee papers are quite good. The only
serious problem is they lack tutorial, example, acknowledgements, etc.

--Beman