From: Jonathan D. Turkanis (commerce_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-14 07:37:00

A little over a month ago, I posted a library for creating streambufs from
objects with socket-like interfaces. In response, several people requested
filtering capabilities, and others have since posted filtering streambuf
code (Larry Evans, Daryle Walker, Paul Bristow) and related material (Maxim
Egoruskin.)

I have posted a new version of my library, which has been rewritten to
incorporate filtering as a basic construct.