From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-14 11:13:49

At 11:40 AM 7/14/2003, Toon Knapen wrote:
>> If you are accessing CVS via SSH (developer), you should not have any
>> problem. In fact CVS access has been very fast and reliable
>> lately for me
>> doing SSH access.
>
>Not for me.
>:ext: access using SSH is certainly less unreliable but it's not
>reliable at all. But this might be different in europe and the US (I
>understood from the SourceForge guys that they have mirrored servers in
>europe)

What I'm now seeing in the US (Virginia) is SSH continuing to be very fast
when it is working, but with several time periods a day when I get:

cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `FATAL ERROR: Network error:
Connection timed out' from cvs server
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

--Beman