From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-15 10:11:00

At 10:26 AM 7/15/2003, David Abrahams wrote:

>Dominique Devriese <dominique.devriese_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>>> In general, they are released when all of Boost is ready. I think
>>> it would be a *really* good idea for Boost to do at least one minor
>>> version release shortly after any major version release. Now that
>>> we have a reasonable testing strategy it should be relatively easy.
>>> Boost 1.30.0 went out with several bugs IIRC.
>>
>>> Until we get our act together, I would suggest you supply people
>>> with a Boost patch. Use "BOOST_DEDUCED_TYPENAME" instead of
>>> "typename" so you don't break VC6. Sorry,
>>
>> A fixed release would be great indeed. In the mean time, I'm going to
>> provide the patch as you suggest, although it's far from a perfect
>> solution of course..
>
>What does everybody think about doing a 1.30.1 release "RSN?"

What would be the advantage of doing a 1.30.1 release rather than a 1.31.0
release?

Seems like we are very close to being ready to do a 1.31.0 release. One new
library has been added since 1.30.0, at least two libraries have had
interface upgrades, and a large number of bugs have been fixed in numerous
libraries.

--Beman