From: Jonathan D. Turkanis (commerce_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-16 05:52:22

"Maxim Egorushkin" <e-maxim_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> "Jonathan David Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > ... You just call new_source or new_sink
> > with whatever object you want to make into a source/sink. This is less
> > verbose than using, e.g., streambuf iterators. ...

> I agree. This is just a matter of taste. I would prefer to write more
> generic adapter classes and a bunch of factories.

Are you suggesting factories like new_streambuf_source? This sounds okay. I
prefer sticking with new_source and new_sink, because it is less typing :-).

At any rate, I realize you were right that my adapters contained unnecessary
duplication. I rewrote istream_source et al. to make them derive from the
iterator-based adapters. Now they just consist of some typedefs and simple
inline constructors.

Thanks,

Jonathan