From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-16 22:55:24

Beman Dawes wrote:
> At 04:54 PM 7/16/2003, David Abrahams wrote:
>
> >Martin Wille <mw8329_at_[hidden]> writes:
> >> Hmm, I'd have to find out how I would do that. Is there already
> >> some support for showing diffs between two versions of the test
> >> result tables?
> >
> >Yes. Beman?
>
> I have a hack that I use to produce
> http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-win32-diff.html
>
> It proves the concept, so to speak, but is way too unreliable. Fails when
> new compilers are added, for example.
>
> What is really needed is to add a "history" element to the test_log.xml
> files. That would be far more reliable. Let me think about it overnight.

The way we do it in the new reports is to extract the failures from the
original regression run and pass them as "expected failures" to the input
of the scripts producing the today's reports. The scripts merge these into
"extended results" XML, and then produce the HTML reports basing on that.
Works perfectly.

All XML processing is done through XSLT, but it's very worth it - the
stlysheets which do the extracting and merging are barely 100 lines long.

Aleksey