From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-17 10:07:57

Jürgen Hunold <hunold+lists.Boost_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hi Dave !
>
> On Tuesday 15 July 2003 00:31, David Abrahams wrote:
>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Who's going to fix up the graph library?
>
> I've attached the diff of a quick hack to get the BGL LEDA-Graph adaptor
> to compile again.
> I don't now whether this works

Thanks, but I can do something like that myself. The reason I didn't
is because I couldn't test it. I'm reluctant to check in any patches
which can't be tested.

> because I just got VC7.1 which should enable me to use the power of
> boost on our legacy LEDA Graphs.
>
> The are also problems with <boost/property_map_iterator.hpp>,
> which is needed by <boost/graph/property_iter_range.hpp>
> There is something along
>
> struct lvalue_pmap_iter_policies : public default_iterator_policies
>
> in this file, so it broke when the default_iterator_policies
> dissappeared.
>
> I had Thomas Witt take a look at it, but he did see no quick way to
> fix this.

That surprises me; it's not *that* hard. I do wish the original
library author would make the fix though.

I think we have a bigger problem in that AFAICT there are no tests in
Bost for this file. It should either be removed or someone should
write some tests. How can anyone know whether it's been patched
properly otherwise?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting