From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-18 01:52:29

In boost/tuple/tuple.hpp the following is used to lift several types
from namespace boost::tuples to namespace boost:

namespace boost {

using tuples::tuple;
using tuples::make_tuple;
using tuples::tie;
#if !defined(BOOST_NO_USING_TEMPLATE)
using tuples::get;
#elif ...
// stuff to cope with BOOST_NO_USING_TEMPLATE

What I don't quite get is why using tuples::get is controled by
BOOST_NO_USING_TEMPLATE whereas tuples::tuple, for instance,
is not. Both are templates after all, so why "using tuples::tuple" is
assummed to work even in the case of BOOST_NO_USING_TEMPLATE
being defined?

Maybe I'm missing some info about what exact bug this macro
is referring to. Hints about this most welcome.

Regards,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo