From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-19 10:10:25

Once again I will make my request that Boost library developers put out some
sort of change log explaining changes made to the library with each new
release of Boost which is issued. While I don't expect detailed change
enumerations, which no doubt can be retrieved through CVS in some way, a
general explanation of the changes made would be enormously helpful to end
users and 3rd developers who use Boost libraries. Of course if no changes
are made between releases, or if the changes made are internal and private
and do not need to be documentated, no changes will appear in such a log.
But if there are significant changes either in functionality or internal
design which could affect other developers it would be helpful if these were
documented in a regular way. I do realize that many library implementors
already do this but I would like to encourage all implementors as a rule to
do this when significant changes from one release to another are made,
whether this is a major release or a point release like the proposed 1.30.1.